Oscar Experience Las Vegas
For the fourth year, the only official Academy of Arts & Science Oscar sanctioned event, Oscar Experience Las Vegas, will benefit Variety The Children’s Charity. Co-hosted by ABC Morning Blend host Dao Vu and 98.5 KLUC’s Chet Buchanan of “Chet Buchanan & The Morning Zoo” and UNLV Game Day, the 85th Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements will be presented on Sunday, February 24. Oscar Experience Las Vegas Awards Day festivities will take place at the Award-winning Brenden Theatres & IMAX, a state-of-the-art cinema complex located inside the Palms Casino Resort. Red Carpet to commence at 3 p.m. with the Awards show coverage starting at 4 p.m. PST. This year’s event proceeds will benefit the new Variety Early Learning Center opening Fall 2013. Variety will be purchasing furnishings and equipment for the new school at Lorenzi Park.
Tickets range from $50 to $300 and can be purchased on-line at www.onalv.org. General admission tickets are $50 and includes $20 in theater concession. VIP tickets are $300 per ticket or two for $500 and includes: walking the Red Carpet, access to Brenden Theatres Celebrity Suite, appetizers and open bar, priority seating in the theater and entry to the after party at The Ghost Bar.
When: Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Brenden Palms Theater and IMAX, 4321 West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas
Cost: $50 - $300
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 31, 2013
Last updated Feb. 23, 2013
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- James Gandolfini, character actor turned celebrity, dead at 51
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Henderson man gets 15 years in child pornography case
- Henderson Police looking for new clues in unsolved slaying
- Students sickened by substance at school’s grad party
- Sheldon Adelson: Online gambling is fool’s gold
- Analysis: Senate bill still allows illegal immigration
- Microsoft offers hackers in Las Vegas $100,000 to crack Windows 8.1
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.