Free tax preparation event
Households with an income of less than $51,000 in 2012 can receive free tax preparation through United Way’s “Earn It Keep It Save It” program. Individuals and families may be eligible for an Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) refund of up to $5,891. The EITC is one of the nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs for low-income, working taxpayers.
For those unable to make it to these events, United Way will have more than 30 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites open across the Las Vegas Valley January 28 through April 15.
The public can dial 2-1-1 or visit uwsn.org/free-tax-help or go to eksnv.org to find the nearest tax preparation site, eligibility requirements and documents they will need to bring to the tax site.
Saturday, February 23, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
178 Westminster Way
Henderson, NV 89105
Saturday, March 16, 2013
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Bill & Lillie Heinrich YMCA
4141 Meadows Lane,
Las Vegas, NV 89107
When: Saturday, Feb. 23, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 31, 2013
Last updated Feb. 18, 2013
- Tequila Tuesday
- Tuscany Suites & Casino
- Sustainable Style: Fashion and Photography Exhibit
- Springs Preserve
- Trivia Night
- Murphy's Law
- It’s back! New Wet ‘n’ Wild wins over frolickers thirsty for Vegas water park
- Deadline strikes: A look at major legislation that made, missed cut
- New Firefly location welcomes customers, begins task of regaining their trust
- IRS scandal and gays in the military
- Las Vegas resort beaches offer oasis in middle of the desert
- Mo Denis and the walking dead: Majority leader keeps recycling legislation alive as ‘zombie bill’
- Plane makes emergency landing on Henderson roadway
- Legislation tasks campus authority with defining, designing new UNLV stadium
- Be grateful for chance to work
- Ex-Rebel Navarro stuck behind Pujols, thriving in third Triple-A season
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.