University Forum: Calendars and the Holocaust
Join the College of Liberal Arts in the University Forum Lecture, "Killing Time, Saving Time: Calendars and the Holocaust" a talk by Alan Rosen, Adjunct Lecturer in Holocaust Literature, International School for Holocaust Studies, Yad Vashem, Israel.
How would our lives be changed if we had no idea what day it was? No idea when to observe religious holidays or mark the passing of another year? Dr. Rosen examines these intriguing questions in the context of the Holocaust when Jews in ghettos, camps, and in hiding, were compelled to develop innovative strategies to track time, maintain continuity with the past and envision a viable future.
When: Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 30, 2013
Last updated Jan. 30, 2013
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Protesters at Las Vegas tech show take aim at Mexican billionaire’s ‘corrupt practices’
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.