University Forum: Cult & Politics in Israel in the Time of King David
Join the College of Liberal Arts in the University Forum Lecture, "Cult and Politics in Israel in the Time of King David" a talk by Yosef Garfinkel, Yigal Yadin Professor, Institute of Archaeology, Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
This talk discusses recent excavations at Khirbet Qeiyafa Israel on the border between ancient Philistia and the Kingdom of Judea. The site dates to 1000 B.C. and was a fortified town with nearly 1,000 residents. Garfinkel has discovered three unique rooms that he has compared with biblical descriptions of the temple of King Solomon. He will present his findings and discuss their significance.
When: Monday, Feb. 4, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Student Union Ballroom at UNLV, 4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 30, 2013
Last updated Jan. 30, 2013
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian American restaurant at Palazzo
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Strip Scribbles: Coco Austin shoots ‘Think Like a Man, Too’ and watches ‘Peepshow’ proposal
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature
- Passage of North Las Vegas budget raises specter of further cuts
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.