Vegas Roots Community Garden's Marketplace at The Roots
Vegas Roots Community Garden, the oldest community garden in Las Vegas, is hosting a series of events entitled Marketplace at The Roots, on the Garden’s property at 715 N. Tonopah Drive.
Marketplace at The Roots, organized by Xena Foreman, offers the Las Vegas community an opportunity to visit and tour the garden, shop with a collective of 20 or more local vendors, pick organic produce and enjoy a lively, and often live, musical background.
Both parking and admission to the Marketplace is free. The Garden has a playground and parents are invited to bring their children to the Marketplace to enjoy it and to learn how food grows.
This month through May, the Marketplace will take place on the second and third Saturdays of each month.
When: Saturday, April 13, 2013
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Vegas Roots Community Garden, 715 N. Tonopah Drive
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 19, 2013
Last updated Feb. 19, 2013
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- Criss Angel survives ‘the most dangerous and frightening thing I’ve ever done in my life’
- Metro officer is relieved of duty after pleading guilty in drug case
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- Experience wins out over price in selection of jails’ food vendor
- Report: Immigration bill cuts deficit by $197 billion in 10 years
- Water park extends hours, offers twilight tickets
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Strip Scribbles: MGM to open its walls so tourists can see into casino; Reviv hangover spa opens next month
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.