The Nevada Chapter of the National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF Nevada) announces the fourth annual Nevada Walk for Hemophilia, benefiting those suffering from bleeding disorders in the Nevada community. It attracts people of every age and background from parents with infants in tow to grandparents and everything in between – including more than a few four-legged friends.
There are two routes through Town Square to suit all levels of endurance: a shorter 1 mile route, and a 5K route for the hardier souls. The Walk features refreshments, entertainment, exhibits and souvenir t-shirts. Community members and friends organize Walk Teams who hold special events throughout the year, raise funds and then proudly don their colorful team shirts as they walk together in September. There’s friendly competition as some teams strive to raise the most funds or bring the most walkers. Most importantly, everyone shows up on Walk day to share experiences, enjoy each other’s company and just have fun.
When: Saturday, Sept. 29, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Town Square, 6605 S. Las Vegas Boulevard , Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted May 7, 2012
Last updated May 7, 2012
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian-American restaurant at Palazzo
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars, outrageous outfits
- Lack of security in Benghazi was House’s call
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.