Henderson Super Run
The City of Henderson revs up to host the 13th annual Super Run Classic Car Show this weekend, Southern Nevada’s largest car show. Car enthusiasts can enjoy all of the classics, competitions and concerts. The event features over 1,000 hot rods, vintage vehicles and muscle cars, as well as popular contests, includes burnouts and roaring engines. This year’s entertainment stars country music artist Jerrod Niemann, performing his platinum-selling #1 hit, “Lover, Lover,” amongst others and "Route 66 – The Musical," featuring hit songs from the ‘50s and ‘60s. Race car designer Peter Brock, known for creating the iconic style of the World Championship-winning Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe, Corvette Stingray and Shelby GT350 Mustang, will make a special appearance to meet fans.
The event kicks off Thursday from 12-8 p.m. at The District at Green Valley Ranch. The car show continues Friday from 12-9 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m-9 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Henderson Events Plaza. Click here for a full schedule of events. Spectator admission is free.
When: Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Henderson Events Plaza, 200 S Water St, Henderson
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Sept. 19, 2012
Last updated Sept. 19, 2012
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian-American restaurant at Palazzo
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars, outrageous outfits
- Lack of security in Benghazi was House’s call
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.