Lied Discovery Children’s Museum Fantasy Gala
Lied Discovery Children’s Museum is proud to present the 30th annual Fantasy Gala in the Grand Ballroom at Mirage Resort & Casino. The museum’s largest annual fundraising event, the gala leads up to the highly anticipated opening of the Discovery Children’s Museum in early 2013. The evening begins with libations and silent auction – all bidding conducted using cell phone text messaging – at 6:30 p.m., followed by dinner, a live auction plus music and dancing.
The museum’s Board of Trustees and staff are excited to present the 13th annual Great Friend To Kids Award to three special women – Robin Greenspun, Jan Laverty Jones and Barbara Molasky. These women whose vision, passion and creative spirits inspired the very first Fantasy Gala celebration three decades ago were the first tri-chairwomen of the inaugural Gala.
This year’s gala costume theme is Journey to the Future. Guests are encouraged to dress in costumes that represent what they believe to be the "fashions of the future." Think silver, outer space and rocket ships. Also, guests can come in black tie or cocktail-chic.
When: Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Mirage Hotel and Casino, 3400 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas
Cost: $500 - $25000
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Oct. 1, 2012
Last updated Oct. 1, 2012
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian American restaurant at Palazzo
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Strip Scribbles: Coco Austin shoots ‘Think Like a Man, Too’ and watches ‘Peepshow’ proposal
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Passage of North Las Vegas budget raises specter of further cuts
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.