First Friday ten year anniversary
Join local artists and musicians in downtown Las Vegas for the October First Friday where galleries will be open in the evening for patrons to peruse local masterpieces and mingle with the artists. This month's festivities celebrate the tenth anniversary of the arts event. In the Kids Zone, the public will be invited to help break 10 world records involving pumpkins in a single day. The second annual ‘Pumpkins Mean Business’ pumpkin decorating competition will offer prizes for the top 10 entries. Be sure to visit THE HUB - First Friday’s newest meet-up point and central hang-out on Casino Center and Colorado. Inside THE HUB you’ll find places to sit and chill, interesting art exhibits, music and poetry readings, and more.
In the midst of this 10 year celebration the First Friday Foundation will be born. The Foundation will be a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting and advancing local artists and inspiring civic art in Las Vegas. Stay tuned for upcoming details and opportunities to get involved.
When: Friday, Oct. 5, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Downtown Arts District, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Oct. 3, 2012
Last updated Oct. 3, 2012
- Rita Rudner
- The Venetian Resort Hotel Casino
- Sustainable Style: Fashion and Photography Exhibit
- Springs Preserve
- Trivia Night
- Murphy's Law
- On list of highest-paid executives in Vegas, gaming industry reclaims top spot
- Nellis commander worries base’s muted noises are here to stay
- If NV Energy made too much money last year, should you get a refund?
- Indiana woman sentenced to death at 16 released from prison
- Intrusion into our lives is too much
- Our lawmakers are the real traitors
- Commissioners to discuss plans for new Strip casinos this week
- Miss USA no match for NBA Finals; Donald Trump explains moving his pageants out of Vegas
- In the name of convenience, part-time military pilot invents a new take on neckties
- How banker Selma Bartlett, a Henderson legend, put her stamp on the community
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.