Brett Wesley Gallery presents an exhibit of fine art work from fashion photographer Jana Cruder. Light refreshments will be served and the event is free to the public. The show features new works by Cruder whose 2010 body of work titled “What Lies Beneath” explored femininity and the lasting affects of Barbie’s iconic influence on our culture and perceptions of beauty. In her new series “Great Expectations,” she has brought Ken into the picture. With Ken and Barbie, Cruder takes a humorous approach to sexuality, personal identity and the dichotomy of the male-female relationship in the 21st century.
When: Thursday, Oct. 4, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Brett Wesley Gallery, 1112 S. Casino Center Blvd., Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Sept. 18, 2012
Last updated Sept. 18, 2012
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Present law in Nevada makes it easy for abusers to buy guns
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Recent events raise the question: Is Las Vegas prepared for a major medical emergency?
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.