Brookings Mountain West Lecture
"Climate Change and International Trade: Conflict or Opportunity?"
Joshua Meltzer, Fellow, Global Economy and Development
How can international trade negotiations provide incentives or limit progress on domestic and international climate change policy? This presentation will explore how trade negotiations can reduce trade barriers to low carbon produced goods, the implications of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and free trade agreements, and how pricing carbon to reduce greenhouse gas emissions can lead to international competitiveness and carbon leakage concerns. This presentation will consider the implications of the November 6th election on short and long-term climate policy initiatives.
When: Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV Greenspun Hall, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Aug. 15, 2012
Last updated Aug. 15, 2012
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian American restaurant at Palazzo
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Strip Scribbles: Coco Austin shoots ‘Think Like a Man, Too’ and watches ‘Peepshow’ proposal
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Passage of North Las Vegas budget raises specter of further cuts
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.