2012 Run Smart Hauler Challenge
Freightliner Trucks will be kicking off the 2012 Run Smart Hauler Challenge at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The Las Vegas competition serves as the first round of the Challenge, which is open to all full-time Nationwide and Sprint Cup Series NASCAR hauler drivers. Freightliner Trucks, the official hauler of NASCAR, holds the Run Smart Hauler Challenge competition every year to test the driving abilities of NASCAR team hauler drivers. The timed competition features a specially designed course that challenges the drivers with tight turns, backing drills and other obstacles. Drivers are eliminated after each round leading up to the finals, which will take place at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC before the Bank of America 500 on the weekend of October 13. The winner will take home the grand prize of $30,000.
When: Thursday, March 8, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, 7000 Las Vegas Blvd North, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 5, 2012
Last updated March 5, 2012
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
- Focus on security, not talking points
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.