The Springs Preserve will usher in the holiday season, complete with Santa Claus, “reindeer” rides and holiday arts and crafts, with its annual, family-friendly Holiday Spectacular. The event features live nightly entertainment by community troupes, snow flurries, cookie decorating, photos with Santa and reindeer (pony) rides for the little ones, all set against the backdrop of nearly a million LED lights throughout the property. The event will also feature “snow” in the Springs Amphitheater where a Christmas tree, menorah and Kwanza displays will help set the holiday spirit. The Springs Cafe by the Culinary Academy of Las Vegas will offer holiday goodies, and visitors can shop for “green” holiday presents at the gift shop. On Sunday, December 16, the Springs Preserve will present a Posada, a Mexican Christmas celebration with music, dance, piñatas, and unique decorations, as well as traditional food and hot drinks as part of the Holiday Spectacular festivities. The event runs December 8 - 9 and 15 - 23 from 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. Admission $8 for adults, $5 for children 5 - 12, and free for those 4 and under. Members receive half off the regular admission price. On Friday, December 21, all public, private and charter school teachers, administrators and school staff will receive half-off admission with their school ID.
When: Saturday, Dec. 15, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Springs Preserve
Cost: $5 - $8
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Dec. 3, 2012
Last updated Dec. 19, 2012
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Focus on security, not talking points
- Velotta: I’ve made my case for ‘The Amazing Race’
- Witnesses offer ‘sketchy stories’ about Henderson brush fire, official says
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.