God Lives in Glass
"God Lives in Glass" (The Musical) is based on a book by the same title, written by the head of drama therapy at New York University, Dr. Robert J. Landy, Ph.D. The book contains drawings, stories, and reflections about God that were created and shared by children from all around the world, from different nations, cultures, races, and religions.
The concert features a 50-voice choir, a 14-piece orchestra, and a 12-member dance ensemble, including performers and musicians from "Jersey Boys,” "Surf,” "Tony and Tina's Wedding,” "O,” "Menopause the Musical,” and "Phantom: the Las Vegas Spectacular." "God Lives in Glass" was composed by "Jersey Boys" conductor, Keith Thompson, and inspired by the cultural divide that resulted from the events of Sept. 11. All proceeds benefit two Las Vegas non-profit organizations: Family Promise of Las Vegas, which gives much-needed assistance to homeless families in the Las Vegas Valley, and The Nevada Conservatory Theatre, whose mission is to elevate theatrical arts in Las Vegas.
When: Sunday, Aug. 26, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Judy Bayley Theatre, 4505 Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas
Age limit: Not available
Event posted July 25, 2012
Last updated July 25, 2012
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Present law in Nevada makes it easy for abusers to buy guns
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.