Suzanne Vega and Duncan Sheik
Singer-songwriters turned music-theater composers Suzanne Vega and Duncan Sheik will team up to perform their most celebrated songs as well as new material based on their latest theatrical projects. Suzanne both wrote and stars in “Carson McCullers Talks About Love,” which will open at the Rattlestick Theater in NYC in the Spring 2011. Duncan, best known for the hit song “Barely Breathing” and writing the Tony and a Grammy-award winning Broadway musical “Spring Awakening,” also contributed music to the McCullers project. This is the rare co-bill where two artists will perform their new material together in the Cabaret Jazz venue.
When: Sunday, April 15, 2012
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Smith Center for the Performing Arts, 361 Symphony Park Ave Las Vegas, NV, Las Vegas
Cost: $39 - $55
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 27, 2012
Last updated March 27, 2012
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Focus on security, not talking points
- Witnesses offer ‘sketchy stories’ about Henderson brush fire, official says
- Velotta: I’ve made my case for ‘The Amazing Race’
- Practice makes perfect: Learning to speak without fear in the business world
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.