Nevada Obesity Prevention and Management Health Care Summit
The Nevada Health Care Coalition (NHCC) and the Health Services Coalition (HSC) present the “Obesity Prevention and Management: A Community Approach,” health care summit at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino.
This will be the first statewide employer/labor trust healthcare educational summit to address the challenges of obesity in Nevada. Attendees will hear national, state and local leaders discuss the obesity epidemic while offering thoughtful solutions. We will explore community action plans for obesity prevention and management.
Featured speakers and panelists include: Gus P. Georgiadis, President of Triad USA; Reed Tuckson, M.D., Executive Vice President and Chief of Medical Affairs, UnitedHealth Group; Sarah Nitta, Biggest Loser—Season 11; Tracey Green, M.D., State Health Officer; Erin Dixon, Washoe County District Health; Nicole Williams Bungum, Southern Nevada Health District; and Jerry Reeves, M.D., Health Innovations, LLC.
The summit will be open to the public with registration fees ranging from $99 for NHCC and HSC members to $199 for non-members prior to September 9, 2011. After September 9, all attendee registrations will be $295. Sponsorship and exhibit opportunities are also available. For more information or to register for the summit, go to www.nhccreno.org or call 775-329-8007.
When: Thursday, Sept. 29, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas
Cost: $99 - $199
Age limit: 15+
Categories: Mandalay Bay
Event posted July 20, 2011
Last updated July 20, 2011
- Nevada lawmakers ‘all over the map’ on immigration reform
- Budget burger challenge: Which is the finest in Vegas?
- A house for Mother’s Day, a viral video for Las Vegas son
- Police release images of suspect sought in home invasion
- Benghazi certainly is a real scandal
- Where I Stand: Inequity in state’s spending on roads is a joke
- Photos: Bruno Mars hosts post-Billboard Music Awards bash at The Bank; Chris Brown, Jason Derulo join party
- In spat with Culinary, UFC counters with attack site of its own
- Mo Denis to go to bat for payroll tax hike today
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.