Mexican Independence Day at The Cosmopolitan
In honor of Mexican Independence Day, The Cosmopolitan is celebrating with live performances and specials on Mexican food and drinks. They will kick off with a “Grito Mexicano,” a cry of patriotism, at 11 p.m. Thursday at the Chandelier Bar. Mariachis perform throughout the resort over the weekend and Pedro Fernandez performs Friday at Boulevard Pool. A “street fair” with folkloric dances, face painting and a special menu from Holstein’s will be held on level P2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Mexican Made Easy author and Food Network star Marcela Valladolid will hold a book signing at EatDrink from noon to 2 p.m. on Saturday, with an Ambhar tequila tasting held in conjunction with the signing.
Throughout the weekend, China Poblano will be serving up its entire Mexican menu from the takeout window.
When: Sunday, Sept. 18, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, 3708 S. Las Vegas Blvd. , Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: Not available
Event posted Sept. 15, 2011
Last updated Sept. 16, 2011
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Present law in Nevada makes it easy for abusers to buy guns
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.