Turkey Day 5K
Don’t miss your chance to warm up your Thanksgiving appetite at the inaugural, Turkey Day 5K Las Vegas, produced by Life Time Fitness. Join runners, joggers and walkers for a morning of fun along a scenic, flat five-kilometer course designed to highlight all that Las Vegas has to offer in a unique, unhurried way.
In support of those in our community that are less fortunate, Turkey Day 5K has teamed up with Three Square, Southern Nevada’s only food bank providing food assistance to the residents of Lincoln, Nye, Esmeralda and Clark Counties. To show support, all participants are asked to bring at least three non-perishable food items to donate at drop boxes on race day.
Register before November 1, and be entered to win a new Polar RCX5 sd-RUN training computer. For additional information, including a course map, visit www.turkeyday-5k.com.
When: Thursday, Nov. 24, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Las Vegas Blvd.
Cost: $20 - $30
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Oct. 27, 2011
Last updated Oct. 27, 2011
- After $7M renovation, Terrible’s casino now the Silver Sevens
- A month after wife’s death, Nellis technical sergeant confesses, police say
- Celebrity preview: Tiger Woods, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Prince, Madonna and Kid Rock
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- One dead in blast at Las Vegas truck repair facility
- Two apparent shooting victims found dead at apartment complex
- Hits keep coming for Obama team
- Legislator pitches cocktail, an acquired taste, as Nevada’s official drink
- Children find rabid bat in North Las Vegas
- Bills live and die on deadline day in Carson City
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.