Final ‘Martinis with the Mayor’
The Martini will host Mayor Oscar Goodman’s last ‘Martinis with the Mayor’ May 25 from 5 until 7 p.m. The meet and greet will give Las Vegas residents a chance to toast their beloved mayor and enjoy signature Bombay Sapphire martinis created for the evening in tribute to his 12 years of service.
The self-proclaimed “happiest mayor in the universe” will arrive at The Martini flanked by his trademark Las Vegas Showgirls. All are encouraged to attend and mingle with Goodman before he leaves office after the upcoming June 2 city election.
To commemorate the last Martinis with the Mayor, The Martini has created two drinks exclusively for the night: “The Oscar” is a Bombay Sapphire straight-up martini and “The Carolyn” is a Sapphire fresh Collins. Food specials also will be available including Oscar Sliders, “Swimming with the Fishes” tuna sliders, Lefty’s Mac N’ Cheese Balls, Claiborne Calamari, Civella Chicken Wings and Fat Herbie’s Flautas. All food and drink specials are $7 or less.
When: Wednesday, May 25, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Martini
Age limit: 21+
Categories: Activities- Parties
Event posted May 16, 2011
Last updated May 16, 2011
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
- Focus on security, not talking points
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.