An Afternoon at the Morelli House – Where the Arts and History Meet
The Junior League of Las Vegas is opening the doors of the Morelli House to the public for its annual spring open house. “An Afternoon at the Morelli House – Where the Arts and History Meet” is the theme of this year’s event. The event will be held on Sunday, May 15 from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm at the JLLV’s historic mid-century Morelli House located at 861 Bridger Ave. in the downtown historic district.
Co-sponsored by the City of Las Vegas Historic Preservation Commission, the free public event will demonstrate how the visual and theatrical arts record and portray our history. In addition to guided tours inside the House, there will be an art fair in the backyard featuring the paintings of the late Cliff Segerblom and paintings by members of the Nevada Watercolor Society. There will be Chautauqua performances of Helen J. Stewart portrayed by Dr. Linda Miller at 1:30pm and Sojourner Truth portrayed by Kim Russell at 2:30pm. Antonio Morelli, the original owner of the house, was a musical artist himself who conducted the famed Sand’s Hotel orchestra from 1954-1971 and also produced free public concerts for Las Vegas locals for many years. The multi-faceted event will provide an entertaining and interesting afternoon for all who wish to learn about our history through the arts.
When: Sunday, May 15, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Morelli House
Age limit: All ages
Event posted May 9, 2011
Last updated May 9, 2011
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Benghazi scandal is manufactured
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- Coronado tops Bishop Gorman twice to win state championship, end dynasty
- Few big tax bills afoot, but plenty of little ones at Nevada Legislature
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
- A community comes together in the wake of teen’s shocking death
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.