Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit’s Garden of the Gods Grand Tasting
A who’s who of the culinary world, with more than 50 award-winning chefs and sommeliers, will gather to offer tastings from their celebrated kitchens. In addition, dozens of the best wines and spirits will be on hand to offer samplings. This annual centerpiece event for the Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit weekend will be presented at the famed resort’s Garden of the Gods, an exquisite five-acre swimming oasis with eight distinctive pools and idyllic gardens, each offering a unique experience for guests.
Each year, the Grand Tasting offers an unmatched opportunity to mingle with the world’s top culinary talent from resorts such as Bellagio, Caesars Palace, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Wynn|Encore, ARIA, The Venetian|The Palazzo and, for the first time, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Guests indulge in an incomparably festive atmosphere while sampling a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the city’s roster of award-winning chefs. Among the dozens of chefs scheduled to attend this year: Paul Bartolotta, Hubert Keller, Joël Robuchon, Charlie Palmer, Michael Mina, Shawn McClain, Mary Sue Milliken, Rick Moonen, Francois Payard, Guy Savoy, Julian Serrano and Jet Tila.
Chefs participating this year for the very first time include Michel Richard of Central 24/7 and Nobu Matsuhisa of Nobu—both of newly announced but yet-to-open restaurants at Caesars Palace—and Scott Conant (Scarpetta & D.O.C.G.), Bruce and Eric Bromberg (Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill), Stephen Hopcraft (STK) and David Myers (Comme Ça) of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Added to this year’s line-up will be a specially designated mixology experience. To be located at the Venus Pool, this area will feature everything from classic cocktails to one-night-only creations from Tony Abou-Ganim and Steve Olson to name a few.
When: Friday, May 6, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Caesars Palace, 3570 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas
Age limit: 21+
Event posted April 25, 2011
Last updated April 25, 2011
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Focus on security, not talking points
- Velotta: I’ve made my case for ‘The Amazing Race’
- Witnesses offer ‘sketchy stories’ about Henderson brush fire, official says
- Practice makes perfect: Learning to speak without fear in the business world
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.