Sammy’s Battle of the Bands Kick Off at Cabo Wabo Cantina
Sammy Hagar’s rockin’ Las Vegas cantina will host 12 weeks of the Strip’s most intense battle of the bands competition. Starting Sunday, May 1, “Sammy’s Battle of the Bands” will jam out at Cabo Wabo Cantina with the hottest local bands competing for crowd approval and amazing prizes.
Bands will take Hagar’s personal stage for a chance to give it all they’ve got and prove worthy to open for Holiday Havoc 2011 and $5,000 in Sam Ash merchandise. Four jamming crews will have 30 minutes to convince the crowd they have what it takes to move on to the semi-finals starting Sunday, July 31. The final showdown will be held Sunday, September 18 with the winner taking all.
When: Sunday, May 1, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Cabo Wabo Cantina, 3663 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas
Age limit: Not available
Event posted April 4, 2011
Last updated April 4, 2011
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars, outrageous outfits
- Lack of security in Benghazi was House’s call
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
- Summerlin stadium project could learn from hype of UNLV Now
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.