IRS Workshops for Tax Exempt Organizations
The Internal Revenue Service will hold three one-day workshops in Las Vegas, to help small and mid-sized tax-exempt organizations comply with their tax obligations and maintain their tax-exempt status. The workshops are designed for board members, officers, volunteers and staff of these organizations and for the tax preparers and stakeholders who work with them.
Workshop topics include:
-An in-depth discussion of activities that can jeopardize 501(c)(3) status
-Unrelated business income
-Gaming and employment issues.
The workshop cost is $45 per person and includes a handbook and relevant IRS forms and publications. Participation is limited to the first 200 each day so do sign up. For more information or to register, go to the Charities and Nonprofits page on the IRS Web site and click the "Calendar of Events" link.
When: Thursday, March 31, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Palace Station Hotel & Casino, 2411 W. Sahara Ave, Las Vegas
Age limit: Not available
Event posted March 10, 2011
Last updated March 10, 2011
- ‘Cake Boss’ star and pastry chef Buddy Valastro to open Italian-American restaurant at Palazzo
- On top of big salaries, companies like Wynn Resorts pile on perks for CEOs
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand a ratings hit with stars, outrageous outfits
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Lack of security in Benghazi was House’s call
- FBI agent escapes injury when homicide suspect opens fire
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- Developer breaking ground on an office project — a rarity these days
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.