Vision Source Open House
Vision Source Summerlin/Lakes invites the community to an open house to learn more about what low vision is and the different treatment options available. Low vision is a vision impairment caused by eye-diseases and conditions like macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, or cataracts. It can affect people of all ages, but has a particularly large impact on the senior population that suffers from age-related vision loss. In Las Vegas, that senior population includes more than 65,000 people, 21 percent of which suffer from some form of vision impairment. Low vision specialist Dr. Alissa Nagel of Vision Source Summerlin/Lakes will be on hand to discuss treatment options.
When: Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Vision Source Summerlin/Lakes, 8937 W. Sahara Ave. Ste. A
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Dec. 29, 2010
Last updated Dec. 29, 2010
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Protesters at Las Vegas tech show take aim at Mexican billionaire’s ‘corrupt practices’
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.