UNLV Coretta Scott King Lecture: Dr. Sonya Horsford
Presented by: Dr. Sonya Douglass Horsford, senior resident scholar for The Lincy Institute at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Dr. Horsford will discuss her latest book, Learning in a Burning House (Teachers College Press), which explores the history of school desegregation, the achievement gap, and what needs to be done to improve educational quality and equality in the 21st century.
This lecture is free and open to the public. A book signing and reception will follow.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV Greenspun Hall, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 3, 2011
Last updated Feb. 22, 2011
- Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) 2015 Meeting
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Fabergé Revealed
- The Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art
- Human Experience at The Beat
- The Beat Coffeehouse
- Tobacco Plus Expo 2015
- Las Vegas Convention Center
- Art Square
- Falmouth Institute, Inc. - The Tribal Workplace in the Digital Age
- Embassy Suites Las Vegas Airport