UNLV Coretta Scott King Lecture: Dr. Sonya Horsford
Presented by: Dr. Sonya Douglass Horsford, senior resident scholar for The Lincy Institute at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Dr. Horsford will discuss her latest book, Learning in a Burning House (Teachers College Press), which explores the history of school desegregation, the achievement gap, and what needs to be done to improve educational quality and equality in the 21st century.
This lecture is free and open to the public. A book signing and reception will follow.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV Greenspun Hall, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 3, 2011
Last updated Feb. 22, 2011
- 27th Annual Downtown Hoedown
- Fremont Street Experience | 4:30 p.m.
- Too Much of a Good Thing Is Wonderful: Liberace and the Art of Costume
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- 2013 Miss Rodeo America Pageant
- MGM Grand Hotel and Casino