UNLV Coretta Scott King Lecture: Dr. Sonya Horsford
Presented by: Dr. Sonya Douglass Horsford, senior resident scholar for The Lincy Institute at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Dr. Horsford will discuss her latest book, Learning in a Burning House (Teachers College Press), which explores the history of school desegregation, the achievement gap, and what needs to be done to improve educational quality and equality in the 21st century.
This lecture is free and open to the public. A book signing and reception will follow.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: UNLV Greenspun Hall, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Feb. 3, 2011
Last updated Feb. 22, 2011
- Tequila Tuesday
- Tuscany Suites & Casino
- Sustainable Style: Fashion and Photography Exhibit
- Springs Preserve
- Trivia Night
- Murphy's Law
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Las Vegas gas prices likely headed up, if Nevada passes fuel-tax bill
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Preview: Cirque du Soleil’s ‘Michael Jackson One’ opens tonight at Mandalay Bay
- Events guide: Memorial Day Weekend 2013
- Joe Downtown: Restaurant serving ‘Fresh American’ coming to East Village
- Nevada Assembly backs resolution to end ban on gay marriage
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.