Leave your cares behind and delight in the sights, sounds and aromas of the holiday season as the Springs Preserve hosts its annual Holiday Spectacular. Thousands of colorful, eco-friendly LED lights will greet guests at the family-friendly celebration which will feature food, live nightly entertainment, cookie decorating, photos with Santa Claus plus train and reindeer (pony) rides for the little ones.
New to this year’s celebration is a 1,000-square foot skating rink in the Springs Preserve’s Courtyard Plaza. For an additional cost, holiday revelers can don skates and glide across the “ice.”
The Holiday Spectacular will also feature “snow” in the Springs Amphitheater while a Christmas tree, Hanukkah menorah and Kwanzaa display will help set the holiday spirit. The Springs Cafe by the Culinary Academy of Las Vegas will offer holiday-inspired goodies, while visitors can shop for eco-friendly holiday presents at the gift shop.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $5 for children 5 to 12 and free for those 4 and under. Springs Preserve members receive half-off regular-priced admission. Ice skating is an additional $5 per person for 20 minutes of skating. Tickets will be available at the gate or in advance at www.springspreserve.org.
When: Tuesday, Dec. 20, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas
Cost: $5 - $8
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Dec. 5, 2011
Last updated Dec. 5, 2011
- Shania Twain Q+A: Caesars Palace superstar talks new songs and album, rap music, Las Vegas residency — and more
- Police: Suspects in fatal robbery targeted, stalked teen with iPad
- Coroner: Woman killed in apparent murder-suicide was shot, stabbed, beaten
- UNLV announces former bowl director as interim athletic director
- Jodi Arias back in jail after suicide watch
- Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
- Witnesses offer ‘sketchy stories’ about Henderson brush fire, official says
- Coroner ID’s 3 people killed in wrong-way freeway crash
- Police release images of suspect sought in home invasion
- Joe Downtown: Doughnut shop, tavern, offices may be in mix for former hotel
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (1 Comment)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.