The Hoodie Awards weekend at Mandalay Bay
The show honors local business establishments, religious and community leaders, churches and high schools for their contributions and excellence within various neighborhoods. This award show, best described as the Oscars with an urban beat, features a diverse and talented group of celebrities, actors, comedians and recording artists who present non-traditional awards to the stars of the community.
This year's festivities include several events including the Singing Hoodie Finals on August 11 hosted by Cedric the Entertainer and featuring a performance by Eric Benet. On August 12, the Freedom Friday Party features performances by Faith Evans and Maze featuring Frankie Beverly. The Hoodie Awards on August 13 is hosted by Steve Harvey with performances by Kirk Franklin, KEM and Jill Scott. On August 14, catch the Hoodie Awards Beach Party with performances by MC Hammer and Raphael Saadiq. Prices vary by event, please click here for ticketing information for individual events.
When: Friday, Aug. 12, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, 3950 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: Not available
Event posted Aug. 4, 2011
Last updated Aug. 4, 2011
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Protesters at Las Vegas tech show take aim at Mexican billionaire’s ‘corrupt practices’
- Rio plans zip line ride between two towers
- Third person charged in case of bird death at Flamingo
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.