I Am My Own Wife
One Actor. 36 Characters. One String of Pearls.
I Am My Own Wife is the Tony and Pulitzer Prize winning play by Doug Wright based on his conversations with German transvestite Charlotte von Mahlsdorf who was caught up in the great European dramas of the 20th Century. Unlike many contemporaries, von Mahlsdorf survived the Nazi regime and its replacement in East Germany, the Soviet-dominated Communist dictatorship. .This one-man play premiered Off-Broadway in 2003 at Playwrights Horizons and opened on Broadway later that year; going on to win the coveted 2004 Best Play Tony Award and the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
When: Saturday, April 30, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Onyx Theatre, 953 E. Sahara Avenue, Building 16, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 28, 2011
Last updated March 28, 2011
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Benghazi scandal is manufactured
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Coronado tops Bishop Gorman twice to win state championship, end dynasty
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- Few big tax bills afoot, but plenty of little ones at Nevada Legislature
- A community comes together in the wake of teen’s shocking death
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.