"Joining Forces" Speed/Pedestrian Enforcement Event
Officers with the North Las Vegas Police Department and the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department will conduct a "Joining Forces" Speed/Pedestrian Enforcement Event. During this event, officers will focus their efforts on drivers who fail to obey posted speed limits, drivers who fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks, and pedestrians who fail to use crosswalks.
Officers will conduct directed patrol on major thoroughfares throughout the City of North Las Vegas concentrating on areas with high vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
The speed of a vehicle involved in an accident can significantly contribute to the serious injury or death of the persons involved, especially pedestrians. By educating both drivers and pedestrians, the Traffic unit hopes to reduce the number of auto/pedestrian accidents that occur.
When: Friday, April 29, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 28, 2011
Last updated April 28, 2011
- New Las Vegas Strip arena to cost $350 million
- Company preparing to sell tickets for Las Vegas party train
- Move over, NY-NY Roller Coaster: The Polercoaster is proposed for the Strip
- New Miss Nevada winners plan for national pageant as Miss America chief rankles Vegas
- Criss Angel survives ‘the most dangerous and frightening thing I’ve ever done in my life’
- 2 hit by gunfire in apparent drive-by shooting
- Metro officer is relieved of duty after pleading guilty in drug case
- MGM, AEG to develop 20K seat Las Vegas Strip arena
- Report: Immigration bill cuts deficit by $197 billion in 10 years
- Water park extends hours, offers twilight tickets
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.