I Am My Own Wife
One Actor. 36 Characters. One String of Pearls.
I Am My Own Wife is the Tony and Pulitzer Prize winning play by Doug Wright based on his conversations with German transvestite Charlotte von Mahlsdorf who was caught up in the great European dramas of the 20th Century. Unlike many contemporaries, von Mahlsdorf survived the Nazi regime and its replacement in East Germany, the Soviet-dominated Communist dictatorship. .This one-man play premiered Off-Broadway in 2003 at Playwrights Horizons and opened on Broadway later that year; going on to win the coveted 2004 Best Play Tony Award and the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
When: Saturday, April 23, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Onyx Theatre, 953 E. Sahara Avenue, Building 16, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 28, 2011
Last updated March 28, 2011
- Shania Twain Q+A: Caesars Palace superstar talks new songs and album, rap music, Las Vegas residency — and more
- Nevada lawmakers ‘all over the map’ on immigration reform
- Police: Suspects in fatal robbery targeted, stalked teen with iPad
- Coroner: Woman killed in apparent murder-suicide was shot, stabbed, beaten
- UNLV announces former bowl director as interim athletic director
- Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
- Coroner ID’s 3 people killed in wrong-way freeway crash
- Police release images of suspect sought in home invasion
- Joe Downtown: Doughnut shop, tavern, offices may be in mix for former hotel
- In spat with Culinary, UFC counters with attack site of its own
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (1 Comment)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.