Celtic Fest at Fremont Street Experience
In celebration of the 7th Annual Las Vegas Highland Games, Fremont Street Experience presents a Celtic Fest featuring free concerts along with pipe and drum parades both days. On Friday at 9:10 p.m., The Los Angeles Scottish Pipe Band known as the LA Scots will parade five blocks in traditional attire including kilts. On Saturday at 8:10 p.m., a massed pipe and drum parade comprised of six pipe bands will march with world renown Simon Fraser University Pipe Band for five blocks in traditional Scottish attire.
In addition to pipe and drum parades, Fremont Street Experience will host live concerts Friday and Saturday. The Young Dubliners, an internationally known high-energy Celtic rock band, will headline both nights from 10 p.m.-midnight. Also appearing are The Wild Celts, a local Celtic rock band as well as 1916, a band that blends hard rock and Celtic sounds.
When: Saturday, April 16, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Fremont Street Experience, 425 Fremont St, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 14, 2011
Last updated April 14, 2011
- Boy, 15, run over by SUV and killed during theft of iPad
- After $7M renovation, Terrible’s casino now the Silver Sevens
- Former lawyer says O.J. Simpson knew about guns
- A month after wife’s death, Nellis technical sergeant confesses, police say
- Celebrity preview: Tiger Woods, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Prince, Madonna and Kid Rock
- Board tells Las Vegas table game maker: Stay out of California
- One dead in blast at Las Vegas truck repair facility
- Two apparent shooting victims found dead at apartment complex
- Children find rabid bat in North Las Vegas
- Man found dead with gunshot wound at apartment complex
LVH books a classic-rock act and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (1 Comment)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.