Celtic Fest at Fremont Street Experience
In celebration of the 7th Annual Las Vegas Highland Games, Fremont Street Experience presents a Celtic Fest featuring free concerts along with pipe and drum parades both days. On Friday at 9:10 p.m., The Los Angeles Scottish Pipe Band known as the LA Scots will parade five blocks in traditional attire including kilts. On Saturday at 8:10 p.m., a massed pipe and drum parade comprised of six pipe bands will march with world renown Simon Fraser University Pipe Band for five blocks in traditional Scottish attire.
In addition to pipe and drum parades, Fremont Street Experience will host live concerts Friday and Saturday. The Young Dubliners, an internationally known high-energy Celtic rock band, will headline both nights from 10 p.m.-midnight. Also appearing are The Wild Celts, a local Celtic rock band as well as 1916, a band that blends hard rock and Celtic sounds.
When: Friday, April 15, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Fremont Street Experience, 425 Fremont St, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 14, 2011
Last updated April 14, 2011
- The backlash has taken hold — but why was Biebs booed?
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Guilty fraud plea in $5.6M Las Vegas embezzlement
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature
- Police investigating suspicious death at Las Vegas house
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.