I Am My Own Wife
One Actor. 36 Characters. One String of Pearls.
I Am My Own Wife is the Tony and Pulitzer Prize winning play by Doug Wright based on his conversations with German transvestite Charlotte von Mahlsdorf who was caught up in the great European dramas of the 20th Century. Unlike many contemporaries, von Mahlsdorf survived the Nazi regime and its replacement in East Germany, the Soviet-dominated Communist dictatorship. .This one-man play premiered Off-Broadway in 2003 at Playwrights Horizons and opened on Broadway later that year; going on to win the coveted 2004 Best Play Tony Award and the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama.
When: Friday, April 15, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Onyx Theatre, 953 E. Sahara Avenue, Building 16, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 28, 2011
Last updated March 28, 2011
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Firefly owner enlists new PR firm after salmonella outbreak
- Preview: Light, Daylight and Eclipse at Mandalay Bay are ready to rumble
- Pedestrian struck and killed by truck along U.S. 95
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.