Ruiz-Healy Collection of Contemporary Oaxacan Art
Discover works by some of the best known Oaxacan artists, including Rodolfo Morales, Francisco Toledo, Shinzaburo Takeda and eight other contemporary artists at the Marjorie Barrick Museum. The exhibition represents one of the best collections portraying the div...ersity and creativeness of the painters from the coastal Mexican state of Oaxaca.
This exhibit draws works from the Ruiz-Healy Art, a gallery located in San Antonio, Texas that specializes in modern and contemporary works by Latin American artists –
paintings, sculptures, photographs and works on paper.
An opening reception will be held for the chance to join the Consulate of Mexico in Las Vegas and the Marjorie Barrick Museum for a grand opening of the gallery and a chance to talk with Patricia Ruíz-Healy, who will be given a talk about the gallery works. The Reception is held Apr. 13, 2011, 6pm - 8pm
When: Wednesday, April 13, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 5, 2011
Last updated April 5, 2011
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- Time to re-evaluate Homeland Security
- Olekaibe shakes off rust in surprise appearance at Desert Reign
- Watching over us: Hundreds of freeway cameras monitor Southern Nevada roadways
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- James Gandolfini, character actor turned celebrity, dead at 51
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.