Babies and Borders
University Forum presents "Babies and Borders: Gender, Immigration, and Nation-Building" a lecture by professor Eithne Luibhéid, Department of Women’s Studies, University of Arizona
Illegal status is commonly understood in terms of undesirable character. The speaker this evening argues instead that the difference between so-called legal and illegal status is actually created through political processes that require close critical scrutiny.
When: Tuesday, April 12, 2011
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted April 5, 2011
Last updated April 5, 2011
- Nevada lawmakers ‘all over the map’ on immigration reform
- Budget burger challenge: Which is the finest in Vegas?
- A house for Mother’s Day, a viral video for Las Vegas son
- Benghazi certainly is a real scandal
- Where I Stand: Inequity in state’s spending on roads is a joke
- Photos: Bruno Mars hosts post-Billboard Music Awards bash at The Bank; Chris Brown, Jason Derulo join party
- In spat with Culinary, UFC counters with attack site of its own
- Mo Denis to go to bat for payroll tax hike today
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.