Uncensored Voices: Celebrating Literary Freedom
Local journalist and TV host Jon Ralston hosts a free event exploring censorship and the importance of artistic freedom featuring a diverse mix of readings from banned and censored literature. The event is co-sponsored by the ACLU of Nevada, the Vegas Valley Book Festival, the Las Vegas-Clark County Library District, and the Black Mountain Institute.
When: Thursday, Sept. 30, 2010
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Sept. 20, 2010
Last updated Sept. 20, 2010
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teenager
- Photos: Tiger Woods keeps Lindsey Vonn hidden in Las Vegas amid engagement rumors
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Photos: Prince, Chris Brown, Above and Beyond, Will.I.Am, Michael Strahan, Kevin Hart at Encore
- Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
- What’s next for UNLV graduates? You might be surprised
- Some Pacific Coast League stadiums will be tough for Summerlin project to match
- Legislative showdown brewing over $2 million for Teach for America
- Focus on security, not talking points
- Nevada Medical Board, just whom do you serve?
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation (1 Comment)
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.