Veterans Legislative Symposium
The Nevada Office of Veterans Services (NOVS) will hold its biennial Legislative Symposium at the Las Vegas Hilton. This is the first meeting of the NOVS legislative program, which solicits input and comments from veterans, stakeholders, and veteran advocates in developing the veterans’ legislative agenda for the 2011 Nevada legislative session. All veterans, their family members and advocates, active duty personnel and their families, and Nevada legislators are invited to participate.
The Symposium has four parts: a summary of the accomplishments of the past (2009) session, a review and reassessment of what items were not accomplished during this past session, a presentation of the NOVS goals and priorities based on Agency operations, and the "whiteboard" session, where participants provide issues or ideas for potential legislation for the 2011 session. Participants will vote via paper ballot on the issues they feel are most important. NOVS will also host their Legislative Summit later this year to finalize the plan and provide educational opportunities for veterans to deliver their message to legislators.
Onsite registration is from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m., followed by a complimentary lunch buffet, then general sessions from 1:00 to 4:30. This is a free event, but advance registration is strongly encouraged by signing up online at www.veterans.nv.gov. For more information, please contact Bill DiBenedetto, NOVS Public Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 533-7423. The 2010 Nevada Veterans Legislative Symposium is made possible with donations to the Nevada Veterans Gift Fund and the Nevada Veterans License Plate Program.
When: Saturday, March 27, 2010
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: LVH - Las Vegas Hotel, 3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas
Age limit: 18+
Event posted Feb. 24, 2010
Last updated Feb. 24, 2010
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- Coronado tops Bishop Gorman twice to win state championship, end dynasty
- Benghazi scandal is manufactured
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- Few big tax bills afoot, but plenty of little ones at Nevada Legislature
- A community comes together in the wake of teen’s shocking death
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Bring the charisma to your ‘Real World’ audition
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.