Rock the Walk - an evening under the stars to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
a prelude to the annual Walk to Cure Diabetes
Rock the Walk is a family-friendly musical concert and picnic under the stars held each September in the amphitheater of the Las Vegas Springs Preserve. The evening is a prelude to the annual Walk To Cure Diabetes fundraiser benefittingthe Nevada Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). The event is attended by more than 700 people who enjoy a leisurely look at the exhibits throughout the Springs Preserve while enjoying a fine barbeque dinner, musical entertainment and activities for the children. Funds from this casual evening will assist children in our community as well provide educational outreach and family support services.
Tickets range from $50 to $2500 for VIP tables. Contact JDRF at 732-4795.
When: Friday, Sept. 25, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Springs Preserve, 333 S. Valley View Blvd., Las Vegas
Cost: $50 - $2500
Age limit: Not available
Event posted June 19, 2009
Last updated June 19, 2009
- Metro IDs former MLB all-star Jose Canseco as suspect in sexual assault
- Sausage at Firefly tests positive for salmonella; number of sick now at 294
- Fairgrounds on Las Vegas Strip will accommodate 64,000 for special events
- Man shot to death while being questioned in Boston bombing probe
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- Firefly owner enlists new PR firm after salmonella outbreak
- Pedestrian struck and killed by truck along U.S. 95
- Preview: Light, Daylight and Eclipse at Mandalay Bay are ready to rumble
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.