Mac King hosts a book drive at Borders in Town Square
Local magician Mac King will be hosting a magic and reading in the park event at Town Square to kick off a book drive for National Reading Month. Books will be collected throughout the month of March at Borders Bookstore in Town Square. Child Haven’s Through the Eyes of a Child Foundation will bring children from the organization to see the performance.
*This event is also open to the public and all children that attend the event will receive a complimentary ticket to Mac’s show with their book donation. Also anyone who donates a book throughout the month will receive a 2-for-1 ticket offer to the Mac King Comedy Magic Show.
*All Borders locations in the Las Vegas Valley will be collecting new books now through April 24. The Borders book drive is part of its citywide Baxter the Bunny book drive that will support the Through the Eyes of a Child Foundation. Shoppers can purchase a Baxter the Bunny plush animal at Borders for a reduced price with the purchase of any three items.
When: Wednesday, March 11, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Town Square, 6605 S. Las Vegas Boulevard , Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted March 3, 2009
Last updated March 3, 2009
- Photos: Wet ’n’ Wild water park is ready to make a splash in Las Vegas
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- U.S. 95 reopened near Spaghetti Bowl after bomb scare
- Preview: Light, Daylight and Eclipse at Mandalay Bay are ready to rumble
- Pedestrian struck and killed by truck along U.S. 95
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Las Vegas still leads U.S. in underwater homeowners, but crisis is subsiding
- A look at what the proposed ‘fun tax’ would mean for your wallet
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.