UNLV Symphony Orchestra Concert IV: Wagner and Berlioz
A concert sponsored by the UNLV Music Department
The UNLV Music Department will present a symphonic concert featuring the works of Wagner and Berlioz, conducted by Taras Krysa. The first part of the program features German composer Richard Wagner's Prelude and Liebestod from his opera, Tristan and Isolde, which he wrote in 1859.
After an intermission, the program continues with French Romantic composer Hector Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique (Fantasy Symphony), which he wrote in 1830. Tickets are available at the UNLV Performing Arts Center Box Office and UNLVTickets.com or by calling 702-895-2787 (ARTS) and 702-739-FANS.
When: Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Artemus Ham Hall at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Cost: Free - $10
Age limit: All ages
- UNLV Music Department (Feb. 16, 2009)
Event posted Feb. 16, 2009
Last updated April 5, 2011
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- James Gandolfini, character actor turned celebrity, dead at 51
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Henderson man gets 15 years in child pornography case
- Henderson Police looking for new clues in unsolved slaying
- Students sickened by substance at school’s grad party
- Sheldon Adelson: Online gambling is fool’s gold
- Microsoft offers hackers in Las Vegas $100,000 to crack Windows 8.1
- Analysis: Senate bill still allows illegal immigration
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.