“The Supernatural as Natural: An Evolutionary Approach to Religiosity” lecture at UNLV
The College of Liberal Arts at UNLV presents the University Forum fall lecture series which is free and open to the public. This week's lecture is titled, “The Supernatural as Natural: An Evolutionary Approach to Religiosity.” Arizona State University Professor Michael Winkelman, School of Human Evolution and Social Change, argues that evolutionary theory provides a biological framework for understanding how religious practices and beliefs gave our prehistoric ancestors adaptive advantages that may persist today.
When: Thursday, Aug. 27, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Marjorie Barrick Museum at UNLV, 4505 Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Aug. 17, 2009
Last updated Aug. 27, 2009
- 27th Annual Downtown Hoedown
- Fremont Street Experience | 4:30 p.m.
- Too Much of a Good Thing Is Wonderful: Liberace and the Art of Costume
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- 2013 Miss Rodeo America Pageant
- MGM Grand Hotel and Casino