Pint-size comedian renders big laughs on Strip.
Sun File Photo
It's no secret that Rita Rudner has her own headlining comedy act on the Strip, but it might come as a surprise that Rudner was a Broadway dancer, in the not so distant past. Rudner hung up her dancing shoes at 25 though and began entertaining audiences as well as making them laugh, if only for a few seconds. Rudner pokes fun at the stereotypes that bring women together as well as the quirks about her own life that are anything but stereotypical.
Besides her stand up routine, Rudner has written 3 books, co-written multiple scripts with her husband and starred in her very own syndicated television show, Ask Rita.
Rudner's show will be dark on January 21, 28 and February 14, 21 and 28.
When: Wednesday, Aug. 26, 2009
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Showroom at Harrah's, 3475 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas
Age limit: Not available
Event posted March 17, 2008
Last updated March 29, 2010
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- Coronado tops Bishop Gorman twice to win state championship, end dynasty
- Last-minute fortune seekers buy Powerball tickets
- Bring the charisma to your ‘Real World’ audition
- As many as 60 injured when car drives into parade crowd
- Oxbow leads Preakness the whole way, ruins Orb’s Triple Crown shot
- A community comes together in the wake of teen’s shocking death
- 51s offense carries them to 2nd straight victory in Omaha
- Majority of number combos picked for Powerball pot
- Vitor Belfort, Jacare Souza treat Brazilian fans to special night at UFC on FX 8
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.