17th Annual Scott World Firefighter Combat Challenge Championship at the Fremont Street Experience
The Scott World Firefighter Combat Challenge brings together more than 800 firefighters from throughout the world, including Canada and New Zealand, to compete in what’s known as the “toughest two minutes in sports.” The five-event obstacle course tests firefighters’ fitness levels and agility, while celebrating the excellence of these heroes. Teams from the North Las Vegas Fire Department, Las Vegas Fire & Rescue and Sparks (Reno) Fire Department will be representing Nevada in this challenging event. The event will be filmed to be aired on the Verses network. The World Premiere of “George Thorogood & The Destroyers Bad to the Bone” Viva Vision show will take place during the festivities.
When: Friday, Nov. 14, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Fremont Street Experience, 425 Fremont St, Las Vegas
Cost: Not available
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Nov. 10, 2008
Last updated Nov. 12, 2008
- Higher dues for homeowners at stake in HOA legislation
- Gay adoptive parents live as a ‘normal family’ in Las Vegas but yearn for right to marry
- Boyd casinos drop the green flag on new NASCAR slot machine
- Men arrested in death of teen during iPad robbery held without bail
- Joe Downtown: Does Starbucks herald ‘arrival’ of East Fremont?
- Photos: Criss Angel’s buried alive in cement stunt at The Mirage is shut down
- Joe Downtown: Tony Hsieh leads Ashton Kutcher on downtown tour
- Donald Trump wins court battle with an 87-year-old grandmother
- Police: Purse missing from home where 75-year-old woman found dead
- Present law in Nevada makes it easy for abusers to buy guns
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.