Author Michael Chabon at Clark County Library Theater
Michael Chabon has become one of the preeminent literary authors of his generation, winning the Pulitzer Prize in 2001 for his novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. His other books include The Mysteries of Pittsburgh, Wonder Boys, The Yiddish Policemen's Union, and Gentlemen of the Road. His work has appeared in GQ, The New Yorker, Esquire, Playboy, Harper's, Vogue, and in a number of anthologies, among them Prize Stories 1999: The O. Henry Awards. Wonder Boys was adapted for film and released by Paramount Studios, and film versions of several of Chabon's books are in the planning stages.
When: Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Clark County Library, 1401 E. Flamingo Road, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Oct. 9, 2008
Last updated Nov. 3, 2008
- The backlash has taken hold — but why was Biebs booed?
- Swinger blocked from operating sex club gets another day in court
- Golden Gate owners hit rock bottom — for heating and cooling systems
- Caesars Entertainment announces changes in executive positions
- Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors: NASCAR, Britney Spears, Jerry Lewis, Liberace and Criss Angel
- Former soccer coach, 36, going to prison on sex charges involving teenage player
- Skorkowsky appointed CCSD superintendent in unanimous vote
- Strip Scribbles: Coco Austin shoots ‘Think Like a Man, Too’ and watches ‘Peepshow’ proposal
- County elections chief to serve on presidential panel to streamline voting
- Bill closing gun background check loophole advances at Nevada Legislature
Penn Jillette finishes second but spins a lot of magic on 'All-Star Celebrity Apprentice' (2 Comments)
Live from the Billboard Music Awards: Swift wins Top Artist; Bieber wins Milestone Award; Prince burns in finale (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.