The Music of Led Zeppelin: A Rock Symphony
Led Zeppelin's music comes to life through conductor Brent Havens and his symphony of classical musicians.
The Music Of Publicity Photo
The idea behind "The Music of Led Zeppelin: A Rock Symphony" is simple really -- take the magnanimous rock 'n' roll of Led Zeppelin and intertwine orchestral sounds to bring out a fuller and richer piece of music. At least this was the idea behind conductor Brent Havens' "symphonic rock hybrid."
On vocals is Randy Jackson of the band Zebra and Havens describes Jackson's performance as the spirit of Led Zeppelin's lead singer, the legendary Robert Plant.
The force of Led Zeppelin's music coupled with the power of the orchestra makes "The Music of Led Zeppelin: A Rock Symphony" a show of epic proportions.
The show starts at 8 p.m. inside Planet Hollywood's Theatre for the Performing Arts.
When: Saturday, March 29, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino, 3667 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas
Cost: $25 - $100
Age limit: All ages
- The Music of Led Zeppelin Web site (March 6, 2008)
Event posted March 6, 2008
Last updated Aug. 11, 2008
- Sheriff weighs in on pimps, cops, hip-hop and cameras on the Strip, and more
- Benghazi scandal is manufactured
- Coronado tops Bishop Gorman twice to win state championship, end dynasty
- Panel finalizes plan to send $37.5 million more to S. Nevada colleges
- In writing book, Goodman ‘found myself to be a hero’
- Head-on crash on I-15 leaves 3 dead, 4 injured
- Few big tax bills afoot, but plenty of little ones at Nevada Legislature
- Two arrested in iPad robbery that caused death of teen
- A community comes together in the wake of teen’s shocking death
- IRS scandal reopens rift over Obamacare; Nevada lawmakers entangled
Penn Jillette’s weekend plans: Baby-sit Trace Adkins’ kids, beat Adkins on ‘All-Star Celebrity Apprentice’
LVH books a classic-rock act, and it ain't 'Rock Vault'; Brad Garrett turns to animation and stand-up after sitcom cancellation
Horses of a different color: Crazy Horse Too-Crazy Horse III in court next week; Helldorado Days plots its future (2 Comments)
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.