Punk legends will play in Vegas with Inward Eye.
Often called simply Social D, Social Distortion has influenced countless bands since forming in the late 1970s in Orange County, Calif. Their unique sound of punk, influenced heavily by early punk and country, has a strong following.
The audience at one of Social D's shows is usually a mix of die-hard fans who have been there since the beginning and kids who beg their parents to put up with loud music so they can get through the door.
"Story of My Life" and the cover of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" are two songs that had enormous popularity in the mainstream. Other songs have appeared in various movies and television shows.
On Saturday, Jan. 26, the band will perform at the House of Blues. Inward Eye will also take the stage.
It's an all ages show, but anyone under age 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian who is at least 18 and has valid identification.
When: Saturday, Jan. 26, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: House of Blues , 3950 S. Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 6, 2008
Last updated Aug. 11, 2008
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- James Gandolfini, character actor turned celebrity, dead at 51
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Henderson man gets 15 years in child pornography case
- Henderson Police looking for new clues in unsolved slaying
- Students sickened by substance at school’s grad party
- Sheldon Adelson: Online gambling is fool’s gold
- Analysis: Senate bill still allows illegal immigration
- Microsoft offers hackers in Las Vegas $100,000 to crack Windows 8.1
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.