Hear the former lead vocalist of the Supremes sing at the grand opening of the Palazzo.
Steve Marcus/Las Vegas Sun
Diana Ross has been called the "Soul Superstar" and the "Queen of Motown" and on Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008 she will be the headlining act for the grand opening of the Strip's newest edition, The Palazzo.
Combined with its sister property The Venetian and the Sands Expo and Convention Center, the $1.9 billon Palazzo is part of the world’s biggest indoor structure at 19 million square feet, according to the Las Vegas Sands company.
The Italian themed casino has plenty of luxury shopping, featuring 450,000 square feet of retail space filled with more than 60 international boutiques and the first Vegas-based Barneys New York.
Ross' wide range of vocals has propelled her into a number of different genres including: R&B, soul, disco and jazz.
She will be joined by other artists such as Seal, Andy Garcia and the Cineson All-Stars, Jersey Boys and Wayne Brady. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are $121.50.
When: Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED
Where: The Palazzo Resort Hotel and Casino, 3325 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas
Age limit: All ages
Event posted Jan. 17, 2008
Last updated Aug. 11, 2008
- Genting planning art exhibits, dragon dancers — even before Resorts World opens
- For Tom Cunningham and most other stabbing victims, much pain, no justice
- County OKs replacing Strip eyesore with casino preview centers
- North Las Vegas set to decide on controversial mortgage-seizure plan
- Time to re-evaluate Homeland Security
- Dynasty hotel-casino could open in Las Vegas by 2015
- Olekaibe shakes off rust in surprise appearance at Desert Reign
- Watching over us: Hundreds of freeway cameras monitor Southern Nevada roadways
- Bicyclist hit by truck, killed north of Jean
- Post-session, interim work keeps Nevada legislators busy, paid
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.