Las Vegas Sun

April 24, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Las Vegas Trainer Combines a Sandbag Workout, an Engineer from Cirque De Soleil and a DJ from the Strip into One Amazing Experience

Published on Sun, Aug 17, 2014 (7:25 p.m.)

Las Vegas, NV: Launching this September in the valley is The Torch Workout, a fat burning, strengthening workout created by local certified personal trainer Doug Sheppard. The workout will be available in a semi-private setting (3-6 people). Sheppard has trained professionals in the NFL, NBA, USTA, and the PGA. This workout follows the popular HIIT (high intensity interval training) format that pro athletes like Lebron James and Patrick Willis currently rave about. “We use sandbags, kettlebells and the TRX suspension system” states Sheppard. When Sheppard moved his business into his friend’s ballroom dancing studio he had to make a few building modifications. This is where the structural engineer from Cirque de Soleil entered the picture. “Your bodyweight is supported by these TRX suspension straps so I hired an engineer who has rigged sets for Cirque de Soleil. When it comes to people’s safety you can’t spare expense.”The goal is to work hard so that we speed up your body’s metabolism in this workout, so Sheppard has everyone wear a Polar Bluetooth heart monitor, so he can watch their intensity levels via his iPad during the workout. If exercises with sandbags, kettlebells, and TRX suspension system don’t elevate your heart rate, then the music Sheppard plays during class from local DJ BLAU will. BLAU has headlined at Marquee and recently at the new Drais in the Cromwell. “BLAU’s music (also one of Sheppard’s clients), is the icing on the cake”. His high energy music is the perfect compliment for my butt kicking, fat burning workout. Sheppard does something that most trainers won’t do. He puts a money back guarantee on his workout. I’m proud to admit that I have never had to do it, but if someone doesn’t get results from this workout I would give them their money back.
About Doug Sheppard, CPT: Doug Sheppard is the owner of J & D Fitness Group, and creator of the Torch Workout. Doug is a certified personal trainer (ACE, ACSM, NSCA, RKC, SFG, and TRX) with 23 years of experience in strength and conditioning. He has worked with athletes of the NFL, NBA, USTA, and the PGA. He currently is an advisory board member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) for the state of Nevada. www.JandDFitness.com