Las Vegas Sun

April 19, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Local Author/Illustrator Receives Glowing Review from Power Play Magazine

Published on Fri, Jul 25, 2014 (11:15 a.m.)

Author and illustrator, Monica Hatley-Carr, received an excellent review on her children’s book: I Love the Color Pink, the Adventures of Laci Macasey children’s book from PowerPlay Magazine. To com- memorate this occasion, she will have an official book signing at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, Sun- day, August 10, 2014. The signing will start at 2 p.m. at their Henderson location: 567 N Stephanie St, Henderson, NV 89014.

PowerPlay Magazine, a magazine that highlights influential African-Americans, refers to I Love the Color Pink as “a fun read for parents with children, girls and boys alike”. Carr, who is also a substi- tute teacher in Southern Nevada, is so excited about this review and can’t wait to share her story with the rest of the area. “I am looking forward to my Barnes & Noble book signing”, said Carr. “This signing allows me to speak with parents and caregivers about the books and discuss my passion to get kids excited about reading”. The author and illustrator has introduced a new “Read More Books” Oath program that kids sign promising to read more. She will be handing out copies of the oath at Barnes & Noble.

I Love the Color Pink, the Adventures of Laci Macasey focuses on the character, Laci Macasey, who loves the color pink so much, she wishes the entire world was her favorite color. The charac- ter, Laci Macasey, is based on the author’s real life niece. I Love the Color Pink, the Adventures of Laci Macasey, is also available online at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, Google Books, and other book vendors. If you’re interested in scheduling an interview, please call 702-907-LACI or send an email to [email protected].