Las Vegas Sun

April 19, 2024

This is a press release submitted to the Las Vegas Sun. It has not been verified or edited by the Sun.

Press Release

Las Vegas's Fast Growing Asian Pageant Hosts 2nd Annual Launch Party

Published on Mon, May 19, 2014 (3:19 p.m.)

Las Vegas, NV- Miss Asian Las Vegas held its 2nd Annual Launch party the afternoon of Saturday May 17, 2014, at District One Kitchen & Bar in Las Vegas.

The launch party yielded a turnout of approximately 120 guests in the 2 hours of the event. Guests were amazed at the turnout and included MTV’s Ricardo Laguna, famous R &B; singer Al B. Sure, executives from Dress for Success, Rock of Age’s Mark Shunock, & current reigning Miss Asian Las Vegas Queen Catherine Ho. The emcee for the event was Mr. Joey Galon, fashion designer & pageant coach and who has been on reality shows such as “VEGAS BRIDES”, “24 Hours catwalk” & “Model Latina”. People came all the way from California, New York, Arizona, & Asia to attend the event and to show support for the growing organization.

One mother said, “I won’t miss an opportunity like this for my daughter, I have been waiting for an Asian pageant like this in Las Vegas”.

In addition, gift bags were stuffed with the 2013 Miss Asian Las Vegas Program books, donations from womanaccessory.com, Dr. Andrew Cash & Red Rock Dental items. Guests also received a variety of hors d'oeuvres, fun raffle prizes and free-flowing cocktails provided by Joe Mascuglione from ME Fine Wines.

“It’s truly an honor witnessing & supporting a fast growing event which was once just a simple seed of an idea to now a burgeoning annual production showcasing and celebrating Asian cultural diversity in our beautiful city of Las Vegas. The pageant itself and the community & charitable involvements are a positive force for our community and executive director/ founder, Annie Chang is a force to be reckon with for her incredible leadership!” s ~ Joey Galon, Pageant Coach & Artist Director.

Miss Asian Las Vegas was founded in February 2013 by Annie Chang. The pageant has exceeded expectations with its first year drawing over 600 attendees to their Inaugural Show. This year, the pageant is adding three more divisions including a TEEN, MS., & MRS. The organization aims to provide a platform for Asian American women to showcase their talent, promote future leaders, and to build a stronger and more culturally aware Asian American community within Las Vegas.